Telling us what you think: how to make a comment or complaint about our fundraising
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT) Charity’s Fundraising Team co-ordinates all fundraising activity for MFT, which includes Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital Charity, University Dental Hospital of Manchester Charity, Manchester Royal Eye Hospital Charity, Manchester Royal Infirmary Charity, Saint Mary’s Hospital Charity, Trafford Hospitals Charity and Wythenshawe Hospitals Charity.
We welcome any feedback that you can give us about our fundraising as we want to ensure we provide the best customer service we can for our supporters. If on occasion this is not happening we need to know.
Here are the ways in which you can let us know what you think:
1. Talk to the member of the Fundraising Team to inform them of any issue you would like to highlight. If you have a complaint, they will do their best to resolve any issue. If they cannot, or do not, resolve the matter to your satisfaction they will refer your matter to another member of the team who can. If you feel the matter has still not been resolved then your complaint will be escalated to the Head of Charities.
2. Email the Charity Office with your suggestions
Please email email@example.com with your suggestion or complaint. This will be directed to our Complaints Co-ordinator for action. We would be grateful if you would include your full name, address and phone number and detail of your issue. This will enable our team to contact you as quickly as possible.
3. Write to the Complaints Co-ordinator
If you would like to make a formal complaint about any matter regarding MFT Charity, you can write to:
The Complaints Co-ordinator
MFT Charity Office
Maurice Watkins Building
The Complaints Co-ordinator will make sure that the matter is investigated, and
will write back to you. The letter you receive will describe how your complaint is
being looked into, and it will explain what is being done about it.
If you wish to make a formal complaint about our hospitals or the care you, or someone you know, has received, please speak to either the Ward Manager or Departmental Manager in the first instance. Alternatively you can contact the Trust’s Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS).
Telephone: 0161 276 8686/0161 701 8711 (RMCH)
Fax: 0161 276 4971/0161 901 1816
Fax: 0161 701 8721 (RMCH)
You may either post your suggestions regarding your healthcare in the suggestion boxes around the Trust, email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Trust Chief Executive. Further details about this can be found on the Hospitals Trust website www.mft.nhs.uk
Timetable for a complaint made to MFT Charity
If your complaint cannot be resolved straight away:
• We will acknowledge any written or verbal complaint within seven working days of it being received.
• We will provide you with a full written response to your complaint, wherever possible within 28 working days.
• If there is a delay in dealing with your concerns, we will keep you informed of our progress by writing to you at regular intervals.
• If our final letter to you does not satisfactorily address your concerns, and your complaint is in relation to an alleged breach of any of the following;
- Institute of Fundraising’s Codes of Fundraising Practice
- Charity Commission protocol
- Fundraising Regulator
You are able to notify the Charity Commission and/or Fundraising regulator within eight weeks.