Telling us what you think: how to make a complaint about our fundraising
Manchester Foundation Trust Charity coordinates fundraising activity for all hospitals within Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust. This includes:
- Manchester Royal Infirmary
- Wythenshawe Hospital
- Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital
- Manchester Royal Eye Hospital
- Saint Mary’s Hospital
- Manchester University Dental Hospital
- Withington Community Hospital
- Trafford General Hospital
- Altrincham Hospital
We welcome any feedback that you can give us about our fundraising activity. Although we strive for the highest possible standards in our fundraising, we rely on our supporters to let us know when we can do better, or if we’ve made a mistake.
Here are the ways in which you can let us know what you think:
Talk to a member of the Charity Team about your complaint
If you have a complaint, they will do their best to resolve any issue. If they cannot, or do not, resolve the matter to your satisfaction they will refer your complaint to the Complaints Coordinator who we follow the Charity’s complaints procedure.
Email the Charity with details of your complaint
Please email email@example.com about your complaint. This will be directed to our Complaints Coordinator for action. We would be grateful if you would include your full name, address and phone number and full detail of your complaint. This will enable our team to respond as quickly as possible.
Write to the Charity about your complaint
If you would like to write to us to complain, please address all correspondence to:
Charity Complaints Coordinator
Manchester Foundation Trust Charity
Maurice Watkins Building
The Charity’s Complaints Coordinator will ensure that your complaint is investigated appropriately, and will reply to you to explain what steps the Charity is taking to deal with your complaint in order to resolve/address your complaint, and the timescales involved.
Complaints Response Schedule for Manchester Foundation Trust Charity
If your complaint cannot be resolved straight away:
- We will acknowledge any written or verbal complaint within seven working days of receiving a complaint.
- We will provide you with a full written response to your complaint, wherever possible within 28 working days.
- If there is a delay in dealing with your complaint, we are committed to keeping you informed of our progress by writing or emailing you at regular intervals.
- If our final letter to you does not satisfactorily address your complaint, and your complaint is in relation to an alleged breach of the Fundraising Regulator Code of Practice or Charity Commission protocol, we would advise you to contact the Charity Commission and/or Fundraising Regulator within eight weeks of receiving our final letter.